Re: Bug in execute.c

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in execute.c
Date: 2015-11-09 14:06:49
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 04/24/2015 10:48 AM, Christian Ullrich wrote:
> * Christian Ullrich wrote:
>
>> From execute.c, SC_setInsertedTable(), line 790:
>>
>> if (ptr = strchr(cmd + 1, '.'), NULL != ptr)
>> len = ptr - cmd;
>
>> I'm sorry I don't have a patch right now. I can come up with one, though.
>
> Patch attached. It may be a bit over the top. Please let me know what
> you think.

Thanks, applied! I also added a little regression test for this. I
didn't try testing it exhaustively to see what kind of things would
still trip it over (comments? newlines?), but this is certainly a step
in the right direction. Well, it would be better to not have to do this
parsing, but that's no reason to not improve what we have.

- Heikki