PATCH: Add "mail me this message" feature to archive viewer

From: Amir Rohan <amir(dot)rohan(at)zoho(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "magnus(at)hagander(dot)net" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: PATCH: Add "mail me this message" feature to archive viewer
Date: 2015-10-12 13:56:10
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

See attached patch implementing this feature, as discussed in the
"No easy way to join existing discussion when not subscribed" thread
<56138D2D(dot)1000304(at)zoho(dot)com>.
As my troublesome mail client turned that thread into a mess, this
should server as a fresh start.

The patch adds a "via email" link beside "[raw] or [whole thread]"
in the message view. A Mailqueue implementation was copied verbatim
from pgweb and so the mail worker at
`tools/mailqueue/send_queued_mail.py` needs to run periodically to drain
the queue.

It was agreed that restricting this feature to logged-in community users
was necessary and sufficient, so I have added the necessary decorators
to the view. Because the archive app isn't currently
hooked in to the community login system, and because I cannot fix that
without aid from the web team, they are commented out currently.

Optional patch 0002 uses django's "flash" messages extension to provide
visual feedback to the user using a very soothing shade of green.

Screenshot: http://bit.ly/1R71P6U

Regards,
Amir

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Implement-mail-me-a-copy.patch text/x-patch 9.7 KB
0002-Use-django-messages-to-give-user-feedback-for-email-.patch text/x-patch 4.7 KB