Re: How to enable PgAdmin Query Tool Favorites

From: Colin Beckingham <colbec(at)kingston(dot)net>
To: Vahdet Mert <vahdet(dot)mert(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to enable PgAdmin Query Tool Favorites
Date: 2015-09-16 09:12:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 15/09/15 10:46 PM, Vahdet Mert wrote:
> Hi PGAdmin Support,
>
> On 2 Sep, I sent message to pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
> <mailto:pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org> asking for help with PgAdmin Query
> Tool Favorites. I havent received any reply and I hope this group will
> be more helpful:
>
> Bug reference: 13605
> Logged by: Vahdet Mert
> Email address: vahdet(dot)mert(at)hotmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.9
> Operating system: ubuntu 14.04
>
> I use pgAdmin extensively but cannot get the Query Tool favorites to work.
> The Add Favourite and Manage Favourite menu options are greyed out.
>
> I have a valid .pgadminfavorites xml file as I can edit the xml
> directly and
> see the resulting favorites queries under the Favorites menu. But I just
> cannot add new favorites or manage existing through the pgadmin interface.
>
> Running Ubuntu 14.04 and pgAdmin 1.18.1
>
> Thanks,
> Vahdet

As feedback, works for me. I'm on openSUSE 13.2 latest pgadmin and I can
save and retrieve queries. Note that the add favorite remains greyed out
until there is actually something in the query box to save. As soon as a
query is saved as a favourite, when you click the menu item the fav
appears at the bottom of the list of options and a click on that brings
it back. Manage favs remains greyed out until there is something to manage.