[Pljava-dev] Sample Code ResultSetHandle interface

From: chap at anastigmatix(dot)net (Chapman Flack)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Sample Code ResultSetHandle interface
Date: 2015-08-23 16:25:55
Lists: pljava-dev

On 08/19/15 21:47, Chapman Flack wrote:

> It seems to me that (1) and (2) indicate you have done the PL/Java and
> SQL parts correctly, and the question concerns the behavior of
> CallableStatement as implemented in the PostgreSQL JDBC driver.

Just to close the loop, Herr Hill found the answer in this section
of the pgsql-jdbc project documentation:

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/94/callproc.html#callproc-resultset-setof

It seems the PostgreSQL JDBC driver hasn't implemented CallableStatement
to work with a procedure returning a setof type, and the workaround is to
use a regular Statement with 'select * from theprocedure()'.

This is independent of PL/Java, but I suppose the pgsql-jdbc devs would
accept a patch removing that limitation.

-Chap