Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running
Date: 2015-06-30 02:37:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

On 06/29/2015 09:27 AM, Andy Erskine wrote:
> Thanks Jeff,
>
> I don't want a clone - i want to temporaily turn off replication
> (and therefore failover) and load a different db into the secondary
> which is now writable and run some tests. Then i will remove this db
> and run a basebackup to reinstate a copy of the master and turn on
> replication again.

So you want replica and you don't want replica at the same time?

Is there any reason why you simply don't want to either create a new
snapshot using pg_basebackup, or just simply shut down the standby,
create a copy of the data directory, remove the recovery conf and start
it again as a standalone database?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com