Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Date: 2015-03-21 19:33:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/20/2015 11:28 PM, Jaime Casanova wrote:

> I fought to remove fsync before so i understand JD concerns. and yes,
> i have seen fsync=off in the field too...
>
> what about not removing it but not showing it in postgresql.conf? as a
> side note, i wonder why trace_sort is not in postgresql.conf...

That is the original proposal. I am not suggesting that it not be an
option. I am suggesting that it is not in postgresql.conf by default.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 503-667-4564
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc

Now I get it: your service is designed for a customer
base that grew up with Facebook, watches Japanese seizure
robot anime, and has the attention span of a gnat.
I'm not that user., "Tyler Riddle"