Postgres functions and Stored Procedures?

From: Kim Markle <KMarkle(at)IMNET(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres functions and Stored Procedures?
Date: 1999-01-07 17:44:45
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am new to Postgres and have researched the mail archives but I have
not found the answer for this (only questions). I am very familiar with
using MS SQL 6.5 and have written tons of SP's. The example below is
how one could write a SP for MS SQL which returns a record set. My
question is how do I do this with Postgres functions?

create procedure ListAIS
as
select aisname as "AIS Name", aisdescription as "Description",
username as "User Name", password as "Password" from ais_list
GO

GRANT EXECUTE ON dbo.EPRS_ListAIS TO USER
GO

Thanks,

Kim Markle
Tivoli Kennels