[Pljava-dev] pljava on centos 6.5 64bit and postgres 9.? and java ?

From: pierce at hogranch(dot)com (John R Pierce)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava on centos 6.5 64bit and postgres 9.? and java ?
Date: 2014-11-20 22:45:54
Lists: pljava-dev

On 11/20/2014 8:36 AM, Hal Hildebrand wrote:
> Well, that hasn't been my experience. I haven't built lately but one of my devs did for our project. I just pointed him at the build and it worked for him. I didn't even have to step in and help him over hurdles.

apologies for being so noobish here, but i'm running on fumes, and this
stuff is rather far out of my comfort zone.... I generally avoid java
stuff.

so I'm looking at the github.com/tada/pljava stuff, and its been so long
since i've touched pljava, I can't even figure out how I should build
it. the 'Building' instructions aren't even remotely 'instructions',
they are a few random notes.

are there no current binaries, with a .so for 64bit linux such as
RHEL6/CentOS6 that will work with openjdk 1.6 ?

or, if there are no current binaries for linux, where/how do I download
the current source, is the src-snapshot here
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000038 the latest? there appear
to be a few source file changes july 2013, and that snapshot is from 2012.

I'm not very familiar with using git, and where I should go to compile
the pieces. I think I remember I need to create two files, the .so for
the postgres and the .jar, plus teh deployer and the test scripts.

--
john r pierce 37N 122W