[Pljava-dev] pljava on centos 6.5 64bit and postgres 9.? and java ?

From: pierce at hogranch(dot)com (John R Pierce)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava on centos 6.5 64bit and postgres 9.? and java ?
Date: 2014-11-19 21:49:38
Lists: pljava-dev

I've got a team at another site at $JOB asking me about the state of
pljava on centos 6.x 64bit, postgres 9.whatever and which java to use...

what IS the state of this project? last time I tried to package
pljava for deployment, I found it annoyingly finicky and opaque to get
working. most of the documentation seems quite old, and is talking
about truly ancient java 1.4, 1.5 releases, postgres 8.0 and so forth.

Ideally, I'd like to use the RHEL6 provided openjdk 1.7 with pgdg
provided postgres 9.3, all 64bit. I'd really rather not have to compile
stuff, as this is being deployed overseas and supporting them is a big
enough pain with standard components, never mind homebrew stuff.

--
john r pierce 37N 122W