Re: Backup option not available after new installation

From: Harshad Adalkonda <adalkondaharshad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Ferrell, Denise CTR NSWCDD, Z11" <denise(dot)ferrell(dot)ctr(at)navy(dot)mil>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backup option not available after new installation
Date: 2014-10-15 10:15:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 14-10-2014 23:29, Ferrell, Denise CTR NSWCDD, Z11 wrote:
> Using PostgreSQL 9.3.4/9.3.5 on Linux Red-Hat platform.
>
> Installed PostgreSQL on server and created a database but the backup option is greyed out. Any ideas as to what I'm missing??
>
> Thank you!!
First of all in PostgreSQL didn't greyed the backup option from installer.

Did you install PostgreSQL from sources or from binary installer ?

I suspect your installation of PostgreSQL 9.3.4/9.3.5 is not properly
done, so try to install Postgresql again properly and it will solve your
problem.

---
Thanks & Regards,

Harshad Adalkonda
Database Administrator
harshad(dot)adalkonda(at)shreeyansh(dot)com <mailto:harshad(dot)adalkonda(at)shreeyansh(dot)com>

Office: +919552687400/8400

http://www.shreeyansh.com