Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?

From: cowwoc <cowwoc(at)bbs(dot)darktech(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Date: 2014-09-18 00:02:51
Lists: pgsql-general

As far as I understand it, this is the end-user's problem (to be
documented) as opposed to a development problem. As far as I know, the
jni.h files should be compatible with all other JDKs on the same
platforms so you only need to release one DLL/SO per platforms (like you
would if this was plain C) and it is then up to the user to make sure
the Postgres process has the right JRE DLL/SO in its PATH.

This shouldn't be too technically difficult to pull off.

Gili