Re: About limitation characters in ECPG's connection string

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: egashira(dot)yusuke(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About limitation characters in ECPG's connection string
Date: 2019-09-17 15:55:11
Lists: pgsql-docs

PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> Please add the note about the limitation characters in connection string.
> For example, I think that below explanation should be in the Parameter
> section of connection_target.

We put in a change about that last month:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=756349c87

Although that hasn't yet propagated to any released branches,
you can see it in the "devel" version of that documentation page:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/ecpg-connect.html#ECPG-CONNECTING

> Note that this parameter does not allow the symbols with special meaning of
> the URI parts, e.g. "&" and "?".

Hm, I agree that the options part doesn't accept "&", but I don't see
anything preventing use of a "?" there.