Re: PostgreSQL Hangout

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>, Jason Petersen <jason(at)citusdata(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy Group <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Hangout
Date: 2014-04-18 20:01:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 04/08/2014 10:31 AM, Sameer Kumar wrote:
>> Yup, that is exactly what we have done! But hangout has a restriction of
> max 10users (or 15 for premium account). We have setup live hangout which
> one can watch on youtube.
>
> In fact one can watch the live discussion on youtube or can watch the video
> of whole discussion latter.

Right, and my issue was when I tried to set up a Hangout from a calendar
item, I couldn't set up a Hangout Live so it could be public. That
could be done only from the Hangout Live page, which does NOT offer
persistent URLs.

I'd like to find a way around this so that we can use it for PUGs.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.