Re: Heartbleed Impact

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Heartbleed Impact
Date: 2014-04-16 19:23:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/16/2014 9:38 AM, Dev Kumkar wrote:
> What is the windows equivalent of libssl.so.1.0.0 ?
> Please reply as this is really becoming priority for me.

windows native stuff uses completely different TLS libraries, SChannel
and stuff. AFAIK, these aren't subject to this bug, which was specific
to OpenSSL 1.0.1x for x=a-f... openssl is only used on windows when
someone uses it explicitly, such as in Cygwin applications, and such.

It *is* used by postgresql under windows as enterpriseDB builds it,
since PG was written to use openssl in the first place.

--
john r pierce 37N 122W