Re: pgdg GDAL version

From: Denis Rouzaud <denis(dot)rouzaud(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>, Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>, PostgreSQL in Debian <pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Markus Engel <markus(at)fsing(dot)fs(dot)uni-sb(dot)de>
Subject: Re: pgdg GDAL version
Date: 2014-01-30 11:02:15
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

On 30. 01. 14 11:56, Markus Wanner wrote:
> On 01/25/2014 10:16 PM, Christoph Berg wrote:
>>> The short story is, PGDG apt repository for Debian/Ubuntu PostGIS
>>> 2.1 is based on GDAL 1.9,
>>> while UbuntuGIS-unstable and related repos are based on GDAL 1.10
>>> with updated drivers.
> I think the easiest way forward might be to recompile postgis on that
> mixture of additional packages from different repositories. That will
> get you a postgis package compiled against a gdal 1.10 and for all
> supported Postgres versions.
there is a repo for precise which hs gdal 1.10, postgis 2.1 and postgres
9.3:

https://launchpad.net/~lwarx/+archive/postgis-pg93-bp

although, I have no idea how they solve this
>> One way that could work was to look into what the osgeo people have
>> done to get postgis working.
> Is ubuntu-gis even related to osgeo?
>
> Anyways, I don't think there's much to be done to get postgis working.
> It should build (and then work) with both, gdal 1.9 and 1.10. However,
> the package and linking dependencies need to match with the rest of your
> repositories.
>
> In a way, the ubuntu-gis repo just isn't compatible to the pgapt one.
> (Nor is osgeo, for that matter.) At least that's my way of thinking
> about it.
indeed. But the problem is that ogr2ogr needs to be from gdal1.10 to
work properly with postgis 2 (without using the legacy.sql).