[Pljava-dev] Status of pljava with Java 7, Postgres 9.2+, etc

From: craig at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Craig Ringer)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Status of pljava with Java 7, Postgres 9.2+, etc
Date: 2013-11-06 08:34:36
Lists: pljava-dev

On 11/06/2013 04:29 PM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:

> Lets hope this project will carry on.

Community projects don't carry on without interested community members
contributing their time and effort, or funding others to do so.

Right now neither is really happening with PL/Java. There are users out
there, but they're not helping maintain it, or they're doing so in
provate branches they don't publish.

(Note that I'm not fishing for work here - I've got too much to do
already and while I've worked with Java a lot I haven't done much with
JNI and embedding).