Re: News links, post 'em here

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: News links, post 'em here
Date: 2013-09-12 17:31:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 09/12/2013 10:11 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> Just curious but, how do you think the community would react if EDB or
>> CMD was quoted the way Dalibo was quoted? Consider the following:
>>
>> From:
>> http://www.journaldunet.com/developpeur/outils/postgresql-9-3-big-data-0913.shtml
>>

>> " PostgreSQL 9.3 is placed under the sign of interoperability with
>> other storage engines, whether others such as Oracle RDBMS or NoSQL
>> databases, "says Dalibo."
>>
>> " PostgreSQL 9.3 is placed under the sign of interoperability with
>> other storage engines, whether others such as Oracle RDBMS or NoSQL
>> databases, "says Command Prompt. "
>
> What's the problem with that? Seems OK to me.
>
> Heck, there's three companies quoted in the release itself. And I'm
> quoted in a number of articles, and even if my title isn't used, it
> doesn't take much of a search to lead to PGX.

I am not saying there is. I was honestly submitting it to the wider
community for discussion. I note however that you didn't comment on the
second one which is actually more sketchy than the first.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc