Re: News links, post 'em here

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: News links, post 'em here
Date: 2013-09-12 17:11:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> Just curious but, how do you think the community would react if EDB or
> CMD was quoted the way Dalibo was quoted? Consider the following:
>
> From:
> http://www.journaldunet.com/developpeur/outils/postgresql-9-3-big-data-0913.shtml
>

> " PostgreSQL 9.3 is placed under the sign of interoperability with
> other storage engines, whether others such as Oracle RDBMS or NoSQL
> databases, "says Dalibo."
>
> " PostgreSQL 9.3 is placed under the sign of interoperability with
> other storage engines, whether others such as Oracle RDBMS or NoSQL
> databases, "says Command Prompt. "

What's the problem with that? Seems OK to me.

Heck, there's three companies quoted in the release itself. And I'm
quoted in a number of articles, and even if my title isn't used, it
doesn't take much of a search to lead to PGX.

In the past, we've coordinated with EDB and Heroku press releases around
release time as well. I didn't do that this year because coordinating
with the larger companies is a lot of effort and I didn't have the
energy/time, not because it's inherently a bad idea.

If the PostgreSQL Project was a proprietary company, we'd be
coordinating major release announcements with all of our major
"partners" to have them announce support/products as well, for maximum
impact. PR-wise, our relationship with distributors and service
companies isn't that different.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.