Re: pg_dump fails

From: Lorenzo Thurman <lorenzo(at)thethurmans(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump fails
Date: 2005-04-19 05:17:32
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying that right now. I think there may be mis-match in the build
settings between upgrades of postgresql. The "USE" settings may be at
fault:

- - pg-hier : Enables recursive queries like Oracle's 'CONNECT
BY' feature.
- - pg-vacuumdelay : Adds in the vacuum inter-page delay feature.
- - pg-intdatetime : Enables --enable-integer-datetimes configure
option, which changes PG to use 64-bit integers for timestamp storage

I think these may have been changed since the original install.

On Apr 18, 2005, at 11:57 p, Tom Lane wrote:

>> I installed this from Gento's portage repository.
>
> Gentoo has a history of supplying broken compilers, software, etc
> ... bleeding edge stuff tends to cut you occasionally :-(
>
> You might try updating your compiler and then rebuilding PG.
>
> regards, tom lane

I got an object
I was sure it was point
ClassCastException