Re: PostgreSQL Portable for Linux

From: Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Portable for Linux
Date: 2017-05-13 02:39:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

On 2017-05-12 6:32 PM, Alejandro Carrillo wrote:
> Good morning / afternoon / night,
>
> I already updated the PostgreSQL Portable for Linux Debian and him flawors.
> Tested on Debian Jessie and Ubuntu 17.4. Its a 7z file.
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsqlportable/files/9.6/pgsql%209.6x64.7z/download
>
> Please look the description of the project to run it. Its start executing "sh
> start.sh" on terminal, stop postgresql executing "sh stop.sh", restart
> postgresql executing "sh restart.sh"
>
> Thanks to williamp with the help!

Please advertise your project using this url or similar instead:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsqlportable/

The one you gave is directly to a download page that automatically starts
pulling a 70MB file, which isn't really appropriate if someone wants to just
read about your project and decide later about downloading it.

-- Darren Duncan