[Pljava-dev] Compatibility with Java 1.7 and PostgreSQL 9.2? Is this project still alive?

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Compatibility with Java 1.7 and PostgreSQL 9.2? Is this project still alive?
Date: 2013-01-11 13:50:43
Lists: pljava-dev

On 2013-01-11 13:38, Craig Ringer wrote:

> I'm a bit worried by the changelog on that. The changes to make
> failures silent, in particular, are not something I am at all
> comfortable with, especially as they appear to be a workaround for an
> ORM or other intermediary. If they're going to be there, surely they
> should be conditional? "notsupportederror={log|throw|ignore}" ?

Looking closer at the changes, I wasn't too thrilled about that part
either. Making it conditional seems to be a very good idea.

> The sources and build look like they would benefit from a clean-up, so
> that seems like a good idea - but what's this change going to do to
> Windows build support?

Seems some work remain to the the native parts building. Perhaps we
could establish a decent process around this at GitHub? I.e. we use
pljava/pjlava as the base where we enter issues and submit
pull-requests? I'm not at all against adding collaborators to the actual
project either if that would speed up reviews and acceptance of
contributions. Anyone who wants to help, please raise a hand.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren