Re: Training approval policy on pg.org

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Training approval policy on pg.org
Date: 2013-01-10 23:22:10
Lists: pgsql-www

Il 10/01/13 23:54, Josh Berkus ha scritto:
> It's not a false problem. That policy was created in specific response
> to a specific problem from a company which (as far as I know) still
> exists and will return to abusing our system if we let them.
What I meant is that the limitation is probably worse than that
particular abuse. Also, Magnus confirms that after that, the way events
are shown has been changed.

I'd agree to limit invasive submissions (such as emails and home page
communications), but frankly I still believe that the current limitation
is obsolete and probably also damaging.

However, in case you probably missed that part in my email, I came with
a proposal of 10 courses per month per organisation. A high number, but
still a upper limit.
> We probably want a new policy, but it needs to be one which does not
> allow casual abuse.
In Italy there is a saying: "Fatta la legge, trovato l'inganno" ( every
law has a loophole). I think we are better off using our time and energy
in positive activities, and helping healthy, dynamic and active
companies promote Postgres through training.

Also, who is willing to go and check if an event is really an abuse? How
would you judge that?

Thank you.

Ciao,
Gabriele