I'm out and I won't stand for re-election

From: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I'm out and I won't stand for re-election
Date: 2013-01-02 09:31:10
Lists: pgeu-general

My friends,

This time I won't stand for re-election.

This is the end of a 4 years journey within the PostgreSQL Europe
board, which I'm really proud of.

There are many reasons for me not to continue.

The main reason is that I finished 2012 with very few time left for
PostgreSQL Europe.

PostgreSQLFr eats most of my free time for the community. The Fr group
will need me this year again, and with this current fantastic team,
lots of great events will come again this year and the next ones.

Also, Dalibo doesn't stop growing and this project needs me bad also.

So for me, it's just about concentrating on the things I do best,
where I can do best with the time I have for it.

So time has come to let this group elect someone else, which I'm sure
will be the perfect one for that vacant seat :-D

And finally, that's a real good thing to my eyes that this kind of
role in the community passes from one to another one, we have to let
new people get involved and bring new ideas!

I think Guillaume knows now everything well about banking and the
treasurer role. I'll be glad to see him take officially this role for
the next year. I'll be always here to help him when needed, and he
knows it.

For sure, I'll will be always there as a simple member trying to nag
the coming new board from time to time on this liddie :-)

Frankly, I'm so proud of what PostgreSQL Europe is now!

Long life to this wonderful non-profit :-D

--
Jean-Paul Argudo
www.PostgreSQL.(fr|eu)