Re: Schemas vs partitioning vs multiple databases for archiving

From: Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bartel Viljoen <bartel(at)ncc(dot)co(dot)za>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Schemas vs partitioning vs multiple databases for archiving
Date: 2012-08-19 06:04:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On 19/08/12 17:50, Chris Travers wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM, Gavin Flower
> <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz <mailto:GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>>
> wrote:
>
> On 18/08/12 20:05, Bartel Viljoen wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> I’m in the design faze of a new GUI and DB layout, what are my
>> options.
>>
> [...]
> I think you meant phase!
> (Spell checkers can be quite stupid!)
>

> Could be worse.... See the post here entitled "When Spellcheckers
> Attack."
>
> http://blog.oup.com/2007/11/spellchecker/
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers
>

> Cheers,
> Gavin

Deliberate sabotage I tell you!

Do not go to the URL Chris provided if you are attempting to pretend to
work - you have been warned.

Honestly, I was just about to do some work when I read Chris's (my spell
checker wants to add a 't' after the first 's'!!!) post...

You can believe everything I write.

[Smilies omitted, due to budget restraints – so Americans, and other
humour impaired minorities, might need to seek professional advice.]\

Cheers,
Gavin