Re: Future of pgAdmin3 after release of 4?

From: Patrick Headley <pheadley(at)linxco-inc(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Future of pgAdmin3 after release of 4?
Date: 2016-08-11 05:51:50
Lists: pgadmin-support

Anthony makes a good point, especially while pgAdmin 4 is still in
development. There is a serious issue where pgAdmin 3 silently closes
when you right-click on menu items to connect to a database or to open a
table, for instance. I've seen this on OpenSuSE Linux when using a
recently purchased machine but it has not been a big problem on
VirtualBox VMs or the old machine I replaced. Still occurs sometimes,
just not all the time.

I am aware of another user that pointed out this issue so I know I'm not
the only one. It would be nice to get that bug in pgAdmin 3 fixed as I'm
trying to encourage someone else to use it and they will be disappointed
if it's unusable.

*/Patrick Headley/*
Linx Consulting, Inc.
pheadley(at)linxco-inc(dot)com