[Pljava-dev] PL/Java IRC Channel?

From: tim(dot)clarke at manifest(dot)co(dot)uk (Tim Clarke)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/Java IRC Channel?
Date: 2011-10-27 16:48:40
Lists: pljava-dev

On 27/10/11 00:20, Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Do any of you have interest in an IRC channel for "real time" support?
>
> I've opened (but not registered) #pljava on irc.freenode.net and will
> be there for the next few weeks. If there is real interest for mutual
> support I'll register it and be there regularly.
>
> Note: Even though I'm "online" does not mean I'm actually at the
> computer so there is no guarantee I'll be able to answer questions.

Johann

Its good of you to do this; I'm not sure if I would use it unless I
developed a problem and "you happened to be around". Possibly when
someone has an issue this would be a useful mechanism to speed up the
back-and-forward discussion, maybe even you could arrange to be there to
assist. I would heartily recommend that solutions found on IRC were
posted back to the list for all to see, however. Thanks again for your
continued work on this valuable project. Its about time it was adopted
as a core Postgres function.

--
Tim Clarke MBCS
IT Director

Phone: +44 1376 503500
Direct: +44 1376 504510
Fax: +44 1376 503550
Email: tim.clarke at manifest.co.uk <mailto:tim.clarke at manifest.co.uk>
Web: http://www.manifest.co.uk
Skype: callto:tim.clarke

Manifest is the trading name of: Manifest Information Services Ltd: Registered in England Number 3401145 & The Manifest Voting Agency Ltd:
Registered in England Number 2920820. Registered Office at above address. VAT Registration Number: GB 700 1880 77
Copyright: This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information.
If you are not the named addressee you must not use or disclose such information, instead please report it to: admin at manifest.co.uk
Please see http://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/legal_notices.htm for further information.