Re: Why PGSQL has no developments in the .NET area?

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: Rohit Coder <passionate_programmer(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why PGSQL has no developments in the .NET area?
Date: 2011-10-02 12:35:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10/01/2011 10:32 PM, Rohit Coder wrote:
> PgSQL has just one old NPGSQL driver for .NET, which is itself sluggish. The ODBC driver works better as compared to NPGSQL, but I suspect the ODBC driver is not the right choice for ORM framework of .NET.
>
> I want to know whether there is any efficient .NET provider and is PGSQL compatible with the .NET entity framework.
>
> Regards,
> Rohit.

why: probably because no .net user has stepped up and written one. Not enough interest maybe?

But really, why would you need to? I assume .net is not so crippled that it can't link to a .dll, correct? Why not just use the native libpq.dll? The interface is well documented and simple to use. And you wont get any faster.

-Andy