[Pljava-dev] Fwd: Re: Calling it a day

From: books at ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Fwd: Re: Calling it a day
Date: 2011-04-30 00:38:21
Lists: pljava-dev

On 4/29/2011 5:34 PM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
> 2. The 64-bit release of Postgres has some bad and missing DLLs in
> it. You need to add the referenced files to the postgres/bin
> directory (let me know if you want me to e-mail them to you).
> DependencyWalker shows one final unresolved function:
> DatumGetFloat8 that I cannot find anywhere.

A missing reference to DatumGetFloat8 implies that the server was built
with float8 pass by value and pljava was built with float8 pass by
reference. When float8 is pass by value, the function call is replaced
with a macro, so it won't be exported. I'm not sure how this could have
happened because pljava should just pickup the config from the server,
but Johann might know more. Perhaps he built 64bit pljava against the
32bit server include files?

Kris Jurka