[Pljava-dev] 32bit Windows binaries are up

From: tim(dot)clarke at manifest(dot)co(dot)uk (Tim Clarke)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] 32bit Windows binaries are up
Date: 2011-04-20 14:35:46
Lists: pljava-dev

On 20/04/11 14:58, Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson wrote:
> Hi Jose,
>
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:01:13 -0000, JOSE CARLOS MARTINEZ LLARIO
> <jcllario at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Great news!!.Johann, thanks a lot for the Windows binaries.
>> Are you planning to build it for 64 bits too?
>
> I'm working on it.
>
>> I think you mentioned (or another user) in a previous email about
>> uploading the docs to be able to build the Windows binaries. Is it
>> included?
>
> Do you mean a howto for it? No, I've not written any directions for
> that.
>
> It is pretty straight forward but does require some prerequisites:
>
> * Install MingW32 (or, if available, the 64bit version) with MSYS.
>
> * Configure and install the relevant Postgres server in the MSYS
> shell. You
> do not need to run that server though. It is only required for the
> build
> process.
>
> * Install JDK 1.5 (or 1.4) where you can put in in your PATH in the MSYS
> shell. This does not need to be the Java you use to run it so it
> does not
> need to be in your system path.
>
> * Set JAVA_HOME to point to the previously installed JDK.
>
> * Set the previously built Postgres server to your PATH in the MSYS
> shell.
>
> * Run "make" in the PL/Java source directory.
>
>> One more time thanks, many users were waiting for that.
>> Best,Jose

May I add my thanks to the pile.

--
Tim Clarke AMBCS
IT Director

Phone: +44 1376 503500
Direct: +44 1376 504510
Fax: +44 1376 503550
Email: tim.clarke at manifest.co.uk <mailto:tim.clarke at manifest.co.uk>
Web: http://www.manifest.co.uk
Skype: callto:tim.clarke

Manifest is the trading name of: Manifest Information Services Ltd: Registered in England Number 3401145 & The Manifest Voting Agency Ltd:
Registered in England Number 2920820. Registered Office at above address. VAT Registration Number: GB 700 1880 77
Copyright: This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information.
If you are not the named addressee you must not use or disclose such information, instead please report it to: admin at manifest.co.uk
Please see http://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/legal_notices.htm for further information.