Re: Looking for Suggestion on Learning

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Looking for Suggestion on Learning
Date: 2011-02-05 23:42:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On 02/05/11 9:30 AM, ray wrote:
> I have built a few databases with MS Access and I would like to learn
> how to use pgsql. I have found some ......

Access really isn't a database, its an application development system
that happens to use databases, by default the Jet engine. Postgres
would replace Jet, but not Access itself, you'd need some other sort of
software for creating forms & reports and such.

Do note, you can use Postgres databases with Access, via Postgres ODBC
or ADODB connectors.