PostgreSQL 9.0.3 - collate/ctype order by hu_HU.UTF8 is not correct sorting

From: Adam PAPAI <adam(dot)papai(at)bsdsupportservice(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 9.0.3 - collate/ctype order by hu_HU.UTF8 is not correct sorting
Date: 2011-02-05 17:06:13
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a PgSQL node on a FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE.

(PostgreSQL) 9.0.3 client/server.

pkg_info | grep 'postgresql'
postgresql-client-9.0.3
postgresql-server-9.0.3

I have a lots of UTF8 database with hu_HU.UTF8 COLLATE and LC_CTYPE

For example:

test | pgsql | UTF8 | hu_HU.UTF-8 | hu_HU.UTF-8

The problem is with the "ORDER BY", which does not sort the results
corretly.

Table "public.erdekessegek"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------+------------------------+-----------
lead | character varying(255) |

test=# select * from erdekessegek order by lead asc;
lead
-------
Adi
Bedi
Evi
Zsolt
Ádi
Évi
(6 rows)

which is not correct.

It should be:

Adi
Ádi
Bedi
Evi
Évi
Zsolt

The "chars" wich accents always at the end of the order by but I don't
know why.

What can I do to make it work? I've read all docs on this topic and all
sais the LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE solves it, but it seems not.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

--
Adam PAPAI