Re: Shopping cart

From: Thomas Guettler <hv(at)tbz-pariv(dot)de>
To: aarni(at)kymi(dot)com
Cc: 'Andrus' <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Shopping cart
Date: 2008-10-23 11:00:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Aarni schrieb:
> As Jonathan said, the trick is not in getting the shop online but in the
> management side of it all. The public shop interface is in fact only a small
> proportion of the system.

Hi,

I know the OP wants to stick to a language he knows, but with django
(Python),
you have a quite good admin site.

I guess the OP would be more fast with django, even if he needs to learn
python on his way.

Andrus> Probably I do'nt need transactions.

But you don't want to waste several hours repairing a database which is
not consistent. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_transaction)

HTH,
Thomas

--