Re: Mailing List Etiquette FAQ

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Date: 2022-11-21 15:54:20
Lists: pgsql-www

On 11/21/22 10:46, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 11/21/22 10:42 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
>> I cannot tell is the author is still around (twitter account inactive
>> since ~2010, no other activity that I could find with a quick search).
>
> +1; there are some things in it we would likely want to modify as well
> (e.g. exact troubleshooting contact info) so having permission would be
> good.
>
> The author did provide an email to reach out to request permission, so
> we can try that.
>
> If the author does not reply, we can say we made a best effort, host our
> own copy while linking back to the original on archive.org.

Well the problem with that is that the page specifically says:

"This document may be freely retransmitted in Usenet or email;
permission to reproduce in any other media should be requested from the
author, Brian Edmonds <brian(at)gweep(dot)ca>."

I will send an email (and perhaps try a DM on twitter) and see if he
responds or it bounces.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team