Re: Many databases ou many schemas

From: MichaelDBA Vitale <michaeldba(at)sqlexec(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Daniel Bergmann <dcberg(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Many databases ou many schemas
Date: 2022-05-20 14:16:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

<!doctype html>
<head>
</head>
ditto to Laurenz!&nbsp; We both must have written at the same time!
On 05/20/2022 10:13 AM Laurenz Albe &lt;<a href="mailto:laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at">laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at</a>&gt; wrote:
On Fri, 2022-05-20 at 11:03 -0300, Daniel Bergmann wrote:
Folks ! who can help, I'm migrating a sql server system that contains many databases
and that the queries in these make join between the databases, going to postgres I
create a database with only several schemas? or several databases using dblink to
do the joins? in case of a single database how can I manage the tablespaces?
per schema (1 schema in 1 tablespace) ?
If you want to join the tables, use different schemas in a single database.
dblink or foreign data wrappers would just add additional complexity and
slow down operation.
Don't create any tablespaces, keep everything in the default tablespace.
Yours,
Laurenz Albe
--
Cybertec | <a href="https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com" rel="noopener" target="_blank">https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com</a>