Re: Many databases ou many schemas

From: MichaelDBA Vitale <michaeldba(at)sqlexec(dot)com>
To: Daniel Bergmann <dcberg(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Many databases ou many schemas
Date: 2022-05-20 14:15:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

<!doctype html>
<head>
</head>
Hi Daniel,
My preference would be to create multiple schemas in one database and avoid the headache of using dblink/postgres_fdw to communicate back and forth.&nbsp; Regarding tablespaces, no need to do anything special there, just use the default tablespace that all objects go into.&nbsp; In PG, tablespaces only have importance when mapping them to different mount points that might have different IO response times.
Regards,
Michael Vitale