Re: Patch to make some strings available to translations

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to make some strings available to translations
Date: 2008-03-16 22:29:48
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> [...]
>> Second, base_href is set to http://www.postgresql.org/, making any
>> links go to the official website. I'm wondering why we didn't use the
>> value of $_SETTINGS['hosted_url'] for example as it can be a local
>> setting.
>
> This is intentional. If you end up on wwwmaster by a link, you should
> automatically be sent back to the www mirrors.
>
> You can control this by setting the ISMASTER variable from your apache
> configuration. Set it to "1" and there will be no base href set. For
> example, the config on wwwmaster has:
>
> # When accessed locally, don't set BASE HREF, because that would break
> # the static mirrors. When accessed dynamically, set it so we don't
> # load the dynamic server with static requests.
> SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "^(127|217\.196\.146\.204)" ISMASTER=1
>

> In the apache config.

OK, works great with this.

> > Any comments ? better ways to solve these ?
>
> I assume it's a typo that you included a patch for .htaccess there? If
> not, then that part certainly looks wrong :-)

You're right, it's a typo. Sorry about this.

> I assume you have tested that once these things are changed,
> translations of them actually work? I'm particularly wondering about the
> parts where there are template tags inside the translation.

Actually, I didn't check all strings. Strictly speaking about the parts
with template tags, I did it because I've seen other parts with template
tags within a func_lang function call. I'll check more deeply... but I
think it will be harder because many of them depend on the search
functionality. Anyways, I'm working on it...

Thanks for your comments.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org