[Pljava-dev] pl/java on win xp sp2 - hint

From: woehrer at par(dot)univie(dot)ac(dot)at ( Alexander Wöhrer )
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pl/java on win xp sp2 - hint
Date: 2008-03-14 14:25:34
Lists: pljava-dev

Hey everyone,

I recently tried to install postgres 8.3 with pl/java enabled on my win
xp sp2 machine with Java 1.5 jdk.

I followed the instructions on the web - could't get it to work - always
the same error: pljava.dll couldn't be found when using either the
install.sql or the java deploy tool.

Finally, I used depends.exe (dependency walker) to find out what was
missing and found out that a lot of dll's where missing, including
msvcr80.dll

I downloaded all required dll's from the web and deployed it to
windows\system32 directory. Still not working :(

As last try, I included the postgres\bin directory in the system-path
(as depends.exe also complained that postgres.exe couldn't be found) -
no everything works fine for me.

Hope this works for you as well.

Regards,

Alexander