Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Philip Warner" <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Giles Lean" <giles(at)nemeton(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?
Date: 2002-11-04 12:11:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:
> > I think the problem is more accurately described thus: Flex generated
> > files include <stdio.h> before "postgres.h" due to the way it lays out the
> > code in the output. stdio.h does something which prevents switching to
> > the large file model later on in postgres.h. (This manifests itself in
> > unistd.h, but unistd.h itself is not the problem per se.)
>
> > The proposed fix was to include the flex output in some other file (such
> > as the corresponding grammar file) rather than to compile it separately.
>
> I have made this change. CVS tip should compile cleanly now on machines
> where this is an issue.

Hmm, sorry for the late response, but I was away on the (long) weekend :-(
I think your patch might be the source for Christopher's build problem
(Compile problem on FreeBSD/Alpha).

Peter already had a patch, that I tested, modified a little, and sent him back
for inclusion into CVS.

I will attach his patch with my small fixes for cross reference.
The issue is, that you need to remove the #include "bootstrap_tokens.h"
line from the lex file.

Andreas

Attachment Content-Type Size
flex-patch2.gz application/x-gzip 1.6 KB