Finishing Domains...

From: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Finishing Domains...
Date: 2002-11-04 13:13:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've got a couple of free days coming up, so I want to finish domain
support (Check constraints).

Is it safe to teach Var how to deal with values that do not originate
from a tuple? Or should I create a new primnode to deal with these
types of variables.

CREATE DOMAIN dom AS integer CHECK(VALUE BETWEEN 6 AND 10);

SELECT CAST(8 AS dom);

--
Rod Taylor