Re: psql error while restoring database: unrecognized node type: 655

From: Jeff Ross <jross(at)wykids(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql error while restoring database: unrecognized node type: 655
Date: 2007-07-16 23:08:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> Jeff Ross <jross(at)wykids(dot)org> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Hmm. Can you try that with \set VERBOSITY verbose so we can determine
>>> where the error is being thrown from?
>
>> psql:/tmp/people.sql:79: ERROR: XX000: unrecognized node type: 655
>> LOCATION: _outValue, outfuncs.c:1707
>
> Hmm [ pokes around a bit... ] Do you perhaps have a higher debug
> verbosity level on this machine than the others? I can't immediately
> think of a reason why anything would be trying to print an untransformed
> NULL constant, but it sort of looks like that's what's happening.

It seems that was it. When I installed postgres on the new machine, I
uncommented and enabled debug_print_parse, something I did not do on the
others. Now the entire dump/restore process runs error free.

> If you could get a stack trace from the point of the errfinish call it
> would be helpful.

Would ktrace work for this? This is my development box, so I can
"break" it again.

> regards, tom lane

Thanks you, Tom.

Jeff