Re: psql error while restoring database: unrecognized node type: 655

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jeff Ross <jross(at)wykids(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql error while restoring database: unrecognized node type: 655
Date: 2007-07-16 22:07:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Jeff Ross <jross(at)wykids(dot)org> writes:
> When psql begins loading this file, it throws the error:

> psql:/tmp/people.sql:79: ERROR: unrecognized node type: 655

Hmm. Can you try that with \set VERBOSITY verbose so we can determine
where the error is being thrown from?

> The interesting thing is that this exact process works just fine to a
> third machine also running 8.2.4

The example doesn't fail for me, either.

We've occasionally seen messages of this type from poorly-done local
modifications to the backend. How did you come by the postgres
executables you're using on the problem machine?