Re: plpgsql Difference in behaviour between versions?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jerry Sievers <gsievers19(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: Chris McDonald <chrisjonmcdonald(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpgsql Difference in behaviour between versions?
Date: 2011-11-23 22:02:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Jerry Sievers <gsievers19(at)comcast(dot)net> writes:
> Hmmm, I do not see that open is a reserved word but the PL must be
> treating it special somehow.

plpgsql has a different list of reserved words than the main SQL grammar
does. I don't think we explicitly document it anywhere, but pretty much
any keyword that can start a plpgsql command is considered reserved by
plpgsql (since otherwise it'd be ambiguous against an assignment to a
plpgsql variable of the same name).