Switch off PITR

From: "Joey K(dot)" <pguser(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Switch off PITR
Date: 2008-12-03 18:00:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

I have been doing PITR backups for a while to a backup server via NFS. It's
working great.

I have to shutdown the backup server for hardware/OS upgrade. I expect this
upgrade will last a week.

How do I turn off PITR in the mean time? I commented archive_command and
issued a pg_ctl reload and postgres is *still* archiving logs to the backup
server.

I'm running 8.1.5 and scheduled for upgrade to latest 8.1.x once the backup
server is upgraded.

Thanks in advance,
Joey