Re: pldebugger license: Artistic 1.0 or 2.0?

From: Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net>
To: pgAdmin III support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pldebugger license: Artistic 1.0 or 2.0?
Date: 2018-10-15 05:46:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

Being in the Perl community from where the Artistic licenses originate, I assume
the original intent was version 1.0, which is why the statement is unqualified.

That being said, I recommend that the copyright holder explicitly license it
under the Artistic 2.0, which is a much better version of the license, having
the same intent but being much more clear and legally solid.

-- Darren Duncan