[Pljava-dev] Followup, regarding ResultSet _new in triggers and Tada Wiki

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Followup, regarding ResultSet _new in triggers and Tada Wiki
Date: 2006-10-18 19:13:20
Lists: pljava-dev

Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Btw, the pljava wiki has been down the last couple days:
>
> (http://wiki.tada.se/wiki/display/pljava/Triggers for example)

Thanks for pointing it out. It's up and running again now.

> I had mentioned in my previous message about closing the _new
> ResultSet (from TriggerData.getNew()) to try to stop my slow memory
> leak problem. Turns out that actually prevented my updateObjects from
> taking affect - so I took it back out, assuming we are not supposed to
> close that ResultSet. From the examples it looked like that was the
> intended behaviour anyways -- not to close _new.

Right, neither the new nor the old are supposed to be closed. They are
not real result sets. I just chose that interface since it was the most
suitable for accessing the row. I bet there's something in the
underlying implementation that forgets to free up some memory in the
native C code.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren