[Pljava-dev] JNI_CreateJavaVM

From: lyle at lcrcomputer(dot)net (Lyle)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] JNI_CreateJavaVM
Date: 2006-09-26 12:46:01
Lists: pljava-dev

Guess I was tired when I wrote that last.

I had found another cpu specific 'error' in line 102 of that same
Makefile. I edited that line and then tried to run make. So there are
issues with the Makefile as you suggested.

As far as mixing 32 with 64 bit code, I installed Java and Java libs
from the SuSE distro dvd. I installed no Java source from anywhere else.

I suspect this is an issue with the distro in regard to the lib error.

Maybe if I back off and try installing on one of our old Proliant
3000's(PII 400MHz), it might work<GRIN>?!? Or install the 32 bit kernel
on the Xeon? (but then I have issues with our tape drive. I may have
to just eat that and fix the tape drive issue another way.) At least if
I put a 32 bit kernel on the Xeon, I still have a possibility of finding
an answer within a day. On the Proliant3000 it might take a week (or two?)?

Lyle