[Pljava-dev] Error trapping help

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Error trapping help
Date: 2006-09-25 16:23:19
Lists: pljava-dev

Scott Petersen wrote:
> Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: read on C:\Program
> Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\data\jasperreports.properties
> at

Looks like your JRLoader attempts to read from your filesystem. That is
not permitted in a trusted function. In order to do that, you must use
LANGUAGE javaU in your CREATE FUNCTION so that you get the untrusted
language handler. A better solution is probably to provide the
jasperreport.properties in some other way, a resource in a jar that is
loaded or something. I don't know Jasper very well so I can't help you
there.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren