[Pljava-dev] Best way to pass intermediate state

From: schabi at logix-tt(dot)com (Markus Schaber)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Best way to pass intermediate state
Date: 2006-09-21 13:51:36
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi, all,

Markus Schaber wrote:

> I'm currently thinking about implementing Aggregates in pljava. What's
> the best way to pass a complex intermediate state between the different
> iterations and the finalizing functions?
>
> I'd like to avoid repeated de/re-serialization of the objects into an
> official PostgreSQL data type due to efficiency reasons.

As no ideas were offered here, I'm currently thinking about saving the
intermediate states in some kind of global hashed variable.

For the cleanup work, in case the query is aborted in the middle (and so
the finishing function is never called), is there any way I can register
a hook that gets called on commit / rollback of the current
(sub)transaction?

Thanks,
Markus

Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS