Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

From: Andrei Lepikhov <lepihov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alena Rybakina <a(dot)rybakina(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>, Nikolay Shaplov <dhyan(at)nataraj(dot)su>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>, teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru, Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Date: 2024-10-16 04:22:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/12/24 21:25, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> I forgot to specify (COSTS OFF) for EXPLAINs in regression tests. Fixed in v42.
I've passed through the patch set.

Let me put aside the v42-0003 patch—it looks debatable, and I need time
to analyse the change in regression tests caused by this patch.

Comments look much better according to my current language level. Ideas
with fast exits also look profitable and are worth an additional
'matched' variable.

So, in general, it is ok. I think only one place with
inner_other_clauses can be improved. Maybe it will be enough to create
this list only once, outside 'foreach(j, groupedArgs)' cycle? Also, the
comment on the necessity of this operation was unclear to me. See the
attachment for my modest attempt at improving it.

--
regards, Andrei Lepikhov

Attachment Content-Type Size
minor-fix.txt text/plain 2.4 KB