[Pljava-dev] zlib conflict on Debian AMD64 ???

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] zlib conflict on Debian AMD64 ???
Date: 2006-07-14 17:34:50
Lists: pljava-dev

I also learned that this is no longer an issue in the in the coming 8.2
version of PostgreSQL since the backend no longer links with zlib. In
fact, there's no reason for it to link with zlib in 8.1 either. So a
safe workaround is to:

1. preserve your current pg_dump/pg_restore (the only two programs that
use zlib)
2. configure using --without-zlib and rebuild and reinstall PostgreSQL
3. restore pg_dump/pg_restore

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren